6/22/07

Long-time athletic director Lahiff leaves for Watertown

From The Stoneham Independent, May 30, 2007:

"It wasn't a decision reached lightly or easily, but after a 13-year run as Athletic Director at Stoneham High School, Mike Lahiff announced last week that he was resigning from his position at SHS and would join up with Middlesex League rival Watertown High as their Athletic Director - effectively replacing the retiring Elaine Paradis."

"This was something I thought a lot about and to be honest things got a little emotional the other day when I looked out at the fields and thought of all the work that I'd done to improve the fields and keep them up," said Lahiff. "I look all around me here at Stoneham High and think of the work that I've done here and the great people I've interacted with, and I thought to myself 'do I really want to leave this?"


Read the full article.


Read The Somerville Journal article.

No comments: